Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fashion Blogger look of the Day

Photo Courtesy of: 5inchandup
I have always been absolutely in love with the idea of contradiction in fashion. Call me sentimental, but I think that it speaks beyond just what you choose to wear in the morning...and isn't that what fashion is all about?!?! Expressing what we would like to say about ourselves without words. 
When I read a good book, the moments that I fall in love with are the ones where the author allows us to fill in the gaps, where they leave enough room in the story for us to fill in with our own imagination as if they are trusting us to tell a part their very own, very personal journey. 
Well this is what contradiction is for me in fashion. It leaves gaps, gaps that leave you thinking and wondering and creating your own story about me, my life and what I am all about. 
In fashion these sentimental contradictions of leather and lace, of rocker chic with elegance allow us to write these gaps for others, it allows them to build a story.  


All photos from: http://5inchandup.blogspot.com
For inspiration the above photo's are from one very famous fashion blogger. Check her out by following the link above.

No comments: