Friday, February 11, 2011

Gloves Galore!

Hello my Shenani-fashionistas. It is still winter, but not for long; SO time to embrace the beloved winter fashion items while we still can. And take your look to a chic new level with what? Well gloves of coarse! Our hands are very expressive, and I like to use different kinds of gloves in order to reflect my mood and put that finishing touch on my ensembles. For intance, when I am in a goofy and playful mood, I love mittens.....its just something about them that makes me feel like I am a clumsy 6 year old trying to pad together snowballs in by gloves without fingers that are about 4 sizes too big for me because my dad didn't want to buy me new mittens every season, and falling over in the snow because my boots get stuck and am so small. You can see how just a little pair of mittens paints a picture for me and sets my mood all at once! Well, a pair of sexy leather gloves can add that perfect finishing touch to your look and make you look and feel sexy. Make sure your ensemble pairs appropriately so you don't end up going out to dinner looking like you might also have a whip somewhere on your person, unless you are into that kind of thing : ) Meow! The trick here is to keep it simple and keep it chic, either way...make sure your lines are clean and this will make room for a vintage or modern flair! But whatever you do, make sure you like it! Make sure it feels good, and as much as you can...make sure it is animal friendly:) YAY!
Some inspiration:

picture from: prettyinleather.com 
picture from: blingcheese.com  
picture from: bootlovers.typepad.com 
Perfect example of how to modernize gloves. Short sleeved jacket and long leather gloves to finish your sleek look. Voila!
picture from: gotoglamourgirl.com 
picture from: fashion.about.com 
picture from: tigerlillyjewelry.com 
picture from: newleather.blogspot.com 
picture from: newleather.blogspot.com 
Another perfect example of how you don't have to keep things all black all the time. Mix it up with some colors that you can work as neutrals.
picture from: pheasantsvultures.blogspot.com
picture from: twinfashion.blogspot.com 
picture from: onoursleeve.com

No comments: