Saturday, March 26, 2011

I missed you Shenani-Followers!

Please forgive me for being aloof this last week. I have been home sick with a roaring cold. Which retardedly enough is the twisted inspiration for this next blog entry. I spent so much time in bed, I was reminded of how nice it is to have a bed that you love with comfortable surroundings. And so, here are some pictures of beds and bedrooms that I wouldn't mind hanging out in for a few days :)
photo from: mrshowardpersonalshopper.com
I love the symmetry that is in this room. And there is something about tufting in furniture that always says LUXURY to me:)
picture from: jackiebluehome.blogspot.com
And sometimes, you really don't need much beyond an absolutely beautiful and ornate bed frame. You could put this bed anywhere, with nothing else, and it would work! Ahhhhh!
picture from: taddietales.blogspot.com
Or you could let your inner child pick out your bed....Just imagine the kinds of dreams you would have in this bed! I would look forward to going to sleep, just to have the amazing dreams:)
picture from: mammylove.blogspot.com
I love this bed too, although I would take the mirror away as it is bad feng-shui to have mirrors where you sleep and especially above your head, so I have been told.
picture from: dressdesigndecor.blogspot.com
And modern lines are always a soothing effect for your restful sleepy-time area.
picture from: fournimagz.com
There is always something about a white bed and a white bedroom. It makes the room feel so large and airy! I imagine myself sprawling out in this bed like Sarah Jessica Parker in SATC, with a big puffy dress on and looking absolutely adorable!

AND I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!
picture from: alovelything.com
OH May Word! I could just eat this up. It looks like you would sleep in a marshmallow:) I love all the tufting and the neutral pallet of colors, mixed with a subtle variation of cool tones with very light warm tones. Brilliantly executed!
picture from: decorpad.com
And for those of you with a taste for a richer color pallet. This is a wonderful mixture. It looks like there is crackle gold-leaf wall paper, with wanescoating, and I love that there is a chair as a side table (because using things for different purposes should always be inventive and fun). But I especially LOVE how the mint/tirquoise color cools off the room and compliments the golds and greens at the same time! Mmmm. Makes me want to snuggle up right now!

Welp, I hope all my Followers/Readers are feeling healthy today! Thanks for reading and Happy Saturday!

No comments: