Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shenani-Sunday!

Hello Followers! I hope this finds you lovely, healthy and happy on this amazing Sunday! I wanted to take a moment to discuss my blog credo as I think it may possibly be a very unique approach to fashion. My focus is to inspire fashion, and to attempt to be fashion as much as I can while at the same time letting the judgement of it all fade into the darkness a little bit. It is mostly in regards to judgement that I would like this blog to stand apart. In the fashion industry there are so many do's and dont's that it is my belief that we can sometimes get out of hand and forget that we are talking about a person that has feelings whether we are talking about the clothes on them or how they look! Fashion is art to me and truly at the end of the day should not be taken too serious, but talking badly about others and putting them down should be. I like to imagine that I am letting my inner child pick out what I am going to wear for the day. Because that was when fashion was the most fun for me! When it had no limits or rules. And so, today, on this lovely Sunday I would like to inspire you to allow your inner child, let your emotions drive your fashion decisions. Let fashion be fun and let judgement fall away, it is unnecessary. (with only one exception of showing too much skin or wearing things that are WAY too small, that is just socially inappropriate, especially in front of children!)
Here are some Shenani-Sunday pictures, they are pictures for no real reason other than to help make your day a little more inspired and Shenani-filled! XOXO


Ellie Saab Haute Couture, photo from:http://blog.kofashion.com
I adore fashion photo's like this. Something about a picture from behind the model seems to create such an intimate feeling in such an incredible high fashion moment that is so very public!
2007 Vanity Fair Spread with Mandy Moore, photo from: http://thefashionsite.blogspot.com
Chanel Spring/Summer 2010 evening Gown. photo from: mimifroufrou.com

Christian Dior Haute Couture Paris, S/S 2007. Photo from: http://frillr.com
Ahhh Galliano.... How my opinion of you has changed, but my opinion about your fashion?!?! I think cannot be shaken...I adore it through and through!
Photo from: lastatus.com
My inner 4 year old would wear this and dance on top of the coffee table to some Christina Aguilara!
Chanel Spring 2009 Haute Couture, photo from: popbee.com
Christian Lacroix. photo from: ingridsmoteblogg.blogspot.com
J'Adore Lacroix! He can seriously do no wrong! Brilliance in every sense of the word!

photo from: avaxnews.com
Givenchy Fall 2011. Photo from: http://twenty2.onsugar.com
Givenchy is seriously on fire! How amazing is this dress?!?! OMG!
Paris Fashion Week-Valentino Haute Couture, Fall 2011. Photo from: mode.newslicious.net
Welp, it looks my sense of style today has a bit of a regal and fancy twinge to it today! That was not planned : ) And I enjoyed every fashion minute!  

No comments: