Thursday, September 8, 2011

Iris Apfel Inspires and gives us all Permission to be Eccentrically Fashionable!

photo courtesy of: The New York Times
Iris Apfel's popularity only grows with age. Words cannot describe how much I adore this woman and her over the top fashion sense! This woman has inspired museum exhibitions, a coffee table book and fashion advertising campaigns with her more is more fashion credo! She is a true inspiration and I honestly hope that after years of surviving in this world that I will have the heart and bravery to dress just as I please. So I say, "Thank you Iris for your inspiration! It's almost as if your style gives me gentle permission to dress how I please no matter what. You seem to whisper to me, telling me delicately to ignore the judgment and have fun!"
 “I’m a geriatric starlet, my dear, don’t you know.” _Iris

'Women view her as a role model: “A lot of them have told me, ‘Now that I’ve met you, I feel so liberated.’ ” Secret eccentrics, they have learned, Mrs. Apfel maintained, “that when you don’t dress like everybody else, you don’t have to think like everybody else.”' The New York Times.
Read the full New York Times article HERE

No comments: