Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day.

Memorial Day is a day to honor those who have served in the military, but mostly those who have passed away in the line of duty! My father served in Vietnam, and I have many friends and other family members who have served their time. In fact, my Grandmothers brother was a prisoner of war and was never found. And so...today I honor those who faced their worst fears to fight for the rights of every American. 
My hope is that someday we are able to become a more peaceful world, a more globalized society and that we can learn to understand how we are all equals and integrated as human beings....which would mean that peace would no longer have such a price on it! But for today...let us say simply: THANK YOU!
photo from: thefashionisto.com
I hope you have a Holiday filled with peace, surrounded by the ones you love. Oh, cute clothes and good food wouldn't hurt either...icing on the cake, right?!?!

No comments: