Saturday, October 15, 2011

Armani Prive Blows my Mind

Some are saying that Armani's collection this season was inspired by the Japanese culture because of all of the world news regarding the earthquake in Japan. Some say that he is designing with Japanese fashion in mind because of the current stregnth of the Asian market and that Armani opportunistically only has the financial benefit of his fashion house in mind. To be quite honest, his inspiration could come from anywhere! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! With vintage 1940's silhouettes and Geisha like lines and patterns, I have fallen in LOVE! To top off these amazing looks Armani chose head pieces to be designed by Philip Treacy. These head pieces are works of art and top of the clothing perfection that is presented in this collection. There is attention to detail, play with texture and color! (sigh and sink into my chair with delight!) I have included a video of this collection below because you cannot simply see pictures, it does not do this collection justice. The movement of the fabric is brilliant! First you have the strongly structured silk kimono jackets! They are so brilliant and timeless and I love the way they move down the runway! Pay attention to the shoes, they have a very modern cut that accentuates toe cleavage. There are patent leather pieces peaking out and taking center stage as corset like tops, on shoes, on skinny belts and waist cinching corsets! Then to play even more with fabric, Armani provides us with some velvet pieces mixed in with silk, which is just so lux and lovely! The patterned silks are literally blowing my mind! I have to add that I love the mixture of the soft flower print with calligraphy like graphic paint brush strokes! BRILIANT!

Photo Courtesy of: veronicalau.blogspot.com
Just look at the intricacies in this head piece! It is Phillip Treacy at this finest!
Photo courtesy of: fashionstyleinworld.com
In the Left picture: The flip of fabric from the corset like velvet top that exposes soft silk is designed for the floor length skirt. They whisper and gently express that the top and the bottom of this ensemble are soul mates and were designed to be together! And on the right, this ankle length suit is perfection with the flower design and the calligraphy like paint stripes with graphic fabric peaking out of the suit jacket! LOVE! 
Photo Courtesy of: http://fashionstyleinworld.com
On the left is another silk suit! I would literally die for! uuuuhhhhhh! The dress in the middle, the fold of fabric that is so very geisha acts as an exterior pocket! And on the right we have on of the strongly structured silk jackets! And honestly wait till you see the movement of this jacket in the video, the picture does not show all of its essence! (Heart palpitations!)
Photo courtesy of: fashion.telegraph.co.uk
To be completely honest this ensemble above and the one below are my two favorite looks in this entire collection!!! The structure with the shoulder shapes contrasting with the soft flower pattern absolutely blows my mind! If I had the talent to design, I would hope that I might be able to come up with something this brilliant! You know that feeling when you are reading a book and someone describes something that you are familiar with, but have never thought about it enough to define or describe it. And then you read them express and explore it and the writer just speaks to your soul in a very brilliant way, almost as if the he/she was reading your mind and expressing everything you almost never knew you always felt?!?! Well that is what I feel with these two ensembles! 
Photo Courtesy of: fashion.telegraph.co.uk
I am waiving my hands in front of my face like an exited little school girl that found out that the cutest boy in school likes her right now! I love this! ahhhhhh.
Photo courtesy of: fashionsart.com
Velvety perfection!
Photo Courtesy of: stylefrizz.com
Notice how the external fold of fabric is a pocket! With the top fold and hip detail on this corset top there is an almost Victorian like quality or inspiration added to this ensemble! Crossing territories and boundaries is what the 21st century is all about! Love it!
Photo courtesy of: footluxe.com
I had to show this suit again. It is just too perfect!
Photo courtesy of: http://www.zimbio.com
Okay...#1, I love this suit! The the hip detailing on the jacket matches the pants and the pattern is incredible! And # 2, I have to be honest...in the last few years I was beginning to think that Armani was taking a bit of a more hands off approach to his collections. But here lies a little proof that my assumptions were wrong! JOY!
Photo courtesy of: womenfashiontrends.com
And here is the video of the entire runway show! I hope you enjoy as much as I did! 

No comments: