Monday, October 17, 2011

My San Francisco Street Style




Support and vote for me on Chictopia
Vintage Beanie, Nixon Leather Jacket (gift from boyfriend), Burton vest with over sized hood, Obey tee, Basic black pants, Leopard Print flats.

It was a misty and wet day in the bay, San Francisco will see no sun,
the season has faded gracefully into fall and it is time for layers. My
clothing items create memories for me. This hat, I “borrowed” from my little sister who is amazing at vintage shopping. It is a hat that I LOVE but for some reason would never buy myself (weird how that happens). Thank goodness for my sister! The Nixon leather jacket was a present from my boyfriend, and every time I wear it I think of him. The vest I bought at a snowboard shop in Berkeley. We drove out for a concert and I got caught up at work, we drove all the way to the venue after sitting in traffic for hours only to hear from outside, the band say, “thank you and good night.” So, to revive our spirits we went to have Thai food and it was a little hole in the wall but was the best Thai I haveEVER had. And the next day before we headed back home we stopped in this little snowboard shop and I found this vest, I knew I had to have it! It is awesome because the hood on it is amazingly oversized. I didn’t need an umbrella all day in San Fran because my hood was SO big! But my point, I guess if I have one, is that my fashion items have memories and help me to create new ones. These shoes were literally soaked by the end of the day walking around San Fran in the rain. But, the day was fun and it made it so that if I stepped in a puddle, I wasn’t bothered. And so I danced down the street like a little 3 year old stomping and jumping into just about every puddle that came my way. What a fun day!

No comments: